grow your imagination.
- intro to intuitive painting.
- Intuitive Painting: Discover your authentic voice.
- eat. paint. love your body the art of sensual eating & fulfillment
- the painting immersion.
- for groups.
- what people are saying.
intro to intuitive painting.
How about the ability to trust yourself to make better decisions?
Give yourself an hour to tap into your creativity and imagination through paint and paper. The Intro to Intuitive Painting is a great time to sling paint, have fun, paint like a kid, rant, rave, howl, moan, release and express all that is within you while accessing into your intuitive non-linear mind, allowing you to access flow beyond logic.
Intro to Intuitive Painting @ Fire Tree Studios on Mondays 5:15pm-6:15pm*
$30 investment includes all materials
*new students must come early at 5pm for an intro to the studio
Intuitive Painting: Discover your authentic voice.
Awaken your inner Shaman. The visionary painting experience is all about creative process with very little structure. Focus is on the process rather than the end result…this is so that we can explore the entire realm of possibility in any moment, discovering the creative vortex, reclaim repressed aspects of ourselves and experience what it feels like to be in the flow…
Our culture is so left brain-dominant, that in order to fully Self-realize (to realize our full potential in this life) we are being called to nurture or right brain-intuitive areas of knowing by harnessing our creative power, our own inner shaman to expressing life force in all areas of experience—for optimum fulfillment and well-being.
- Do you long for deeper connection to your self, your creativity…. your LIFE FORCE?
- How about connecting deeply with others in a safe and sacred community for creative exploration?
These visionary art sessions provide a space to journey through barriers of old patterns and stagnant, less-than-serving beliefs that keep you from tapping into the internal well of creativity, power and life force energy that is within you. Awaken and nourish your creative spirit by immersing yourself in over two hours of exploration, expression, play and deep surrender.
Together we will work with the ‘inner critic’ …that voice inside all of us that writhes with contraction to sabotage our creativity and experience of the present moment. Surrendering the inner critic with acceptance and refocusing our attention on the intuitive inner voice—provides the pathway to conscious creative expansion and transcendence to higher states of consciousness.
To access flow at a higher vibration on a regular basis requires a discipline of practice. This is proven neurologically, as we fully commit to accessing these deeper states of consciousness, we move from a cognitive knowing into a seemless embodiment and mastery experience of flow.
With intention, sacred space, breath-work and community we will align with our higher selves to explore moving into the unknown through the creative process–
- surrender the monkey mind/inner critic and transcend perceived limitation to experience our true essence
- commune with the creative life force to experience connection, joy, transformation and higher states of consciousness
- discover your own unique expression of Self
- begin with a guided awareness practice to center and align ourselves with our creative source
- painting sessions are followed by a brief mediation in a continued non-verbal space
- share and explore your creative experience within sacred space & community
- spiritual teachings, poetic musings and readings are explored together as they parallel the creative process & natural cycles of life
- All levels of painting experience are welcome.
- 4 week session Intuitive Painting guided by Rebecca Knaggs
Mondays from 6:30pm-9:30pm.
$220.00 investment includes all materials and complimentary tea and Hill Country Spring Water.
- 8 week Intuitive Painting guided by Melissa D’Antoni
Wednesdays from 6:30pm-9:30pm.
$440.00 investment includes all materials and complimentary tea and Hill Country Spring Water.
Art of Parenting: Intuitive Painting.
Calling all parents who would like to create time to connect with their creative spirit. This Visionary Painting experience inspires parents to tap into and nourish their creative power within so they can support their child/ren’s creative journey. When we parent our children, we are parenting our own inner child.
Explore and bring awareness to your relationship with yourself, your child/ren and the way in which you were parented as a child. Give yourself the gift of creative freedom and self care…
- Reconnect authentically with yourself as a parent and as a unique individual
- Become a more conscious parent
- Explore balancing parenting with your own inner calling
- Share your creative experience within sacred space and a community of other parents
- Reclaim repressed aspects of yourself
- Experience being in the flow with paint
- Learn to trust your intuitive voice and act upon it
- Experience the joy of creating without any attachment to the product
- Dive into your imagination. Be curious. Play!
- Allow your own inner child to emerge…
- Take creative risks
- Embody the practice of self-care
- All levels of painting are welcome.
- Time for you…
4 week session Art of Parenting. Intuitive Painting guided by Rebecca Knaggs
Wednesdays from 6:30pm-9:30pm.
$220.00 investment includes all materials and complimentary tea and Hill Country Spring Water.
- Reservation to hold your space requires full payment for the class, session, or retreat as the studio as a 15-person maximum. A 50 % refund is available 7 days prior to the class, session or workshop by calling 512.524.0687.
- ONCE A CLASS IS IN SESSION, REFUNDS ARE UNAVAILABLE. Your commitment to your journey is held by your investment in the class.
- If you miss a class you are welcome to DROP-IN OPEN STUDIOS for extra painting time.
- *Retreat deposits are 50% refundable 14 days prior if someone is able to take your place.
- Some payment plans are available.
eat. paint. love your body
the art of sensual eating & fulfillment
The Eat. Paint. Love your Body Workshop is a one-day women’s retreat where we talk, laugh, create, explore our senses and discover a whole new way of being around food and our bodies.
Using a combination of sensory exploration and creative modalities, participants will recognize and transform old patterns of thought and behavior, letting go of negative self-talk and opening to a new experience of really living in our bodies.
The interactive coaching methods of Inspired Wellness and the Fire Tree MethodTM will meet each participant where they are, enabling you to create lifestyle changes that are right for you, in the most fun, and expansive way possible.
- Improved body image and self-confidence
- A deeper understanding of what you’re really wanting when food cravings hit
- Strategies and practical tools to use when you’re on your own
- A clearer understanding of your body’s “User Manual”
- A new sense of your own power to create the change you wish to see
- A whole new way to experience the pleasures of eating, guilt-free
Saturday April 2nd, 10-5pm
$175 investment includes the 6 hour workshop, plus all materials and a delicious healthy meal. Enjoy take-home folders for each participant, to support your ongoing epiphanies at home.
for continuing students.
Open studios are for continuing students who want to expand their vision quest through paint and want to drop in for extra painting time. This is a silent open studio without guidance or coaching for those that just want to join in community and paint. Come spend a non-verbal afternoon nurturing your creativity, exploring your imagination and intuition and connecting to Source.
the painting immersion.
what?: This module of the Mastery Training is a full self-study in shamanic-visionary art. The Painting Immersion is a year-long immersion in the creative process of intuitive painting. This in-depth concentration allows you to deepen your experience of the creative process as teacher and fully develop your authentic voice and trust in your intuition. This self-designed and co-created immersion program includes weekly classes, the un-happy hour, open studios, retreats, private retreat days in the studio and individual divine download sessions that offer space and guidance in communicating with the wisdom in your paintings through color, symbol, image and archetype. *Required for The Fire Tree Method Facilitator Certification.
who?: For those interested in deepening their own process and hunger for an intimate intensive with themselves and the the creative process. For those who are called to express the creative process as teacher in their life contribution and or as a requirement in the Fire Tree Method Facilitator Training.
when?: Prerequisite is a painting experience in the studio, prior to diving into The Painting Immersion. To set up an inquiry session please contact me at 512.524.0687 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am passionate about inspiring groups to express themselves. When we collaborate, together we will design an expressive arts experience for your group. I have worked with adolescents, children, adults and elders in several populations and therapeutic environments. Depending on the needs and abilities of your group, we can design a group experience that will best serve your goals.
How can the Fire Tree Method(tm) help my business/organization?
The expressive & transformative arts can be an inspiring and fun experience for an organizational group as a medium for:
- an introduction to the expressive & transformative arts
- unleashing creative power of the present moment
- building trust and enhancing team relationships
- nurturing change
- strengthening intuitive resources
- maximum brain power using both our right and left hemispheres
- resolving conflict
- in stimulating strategic thinking
- innovation and creativity around a certain project or goal
Engaging in The Fire Tree Method ™ for increased creativity, clarity and direct communication can save time, money and energy on a project and support your organization in creating processes that will support your growing success. Call 512.524.0687 to co+create your private group session.
“I contracted Melissa for a training on “Expressive/Transformative Arts”. She received rave reviews. The activities she used very enlightening and completely demonstrated how the concepts she was sharing were applicable and relevant to , not only staff, but the populations they serve as well. It was lovely to watch people tap into their creative essence. I would love to collaborate with her again! Top qualities: Personable , Expert , Creative.”
- Angela-Jo Touza-Medina, MA LL.M, Director of Programs for Caritas Austin
- “LOVED THIS- will be implementing this with clients and with self ASAP. Please more trainings along this line.”
- ” I needed this really bad.”
- “Enjoyed so much it was it was a breath of fresh air today. It’s weird when you need it most someone comes along and reminds you of something”
- The staff at Caritas Austin who participated in an intro to expressive & transformative arts training and experiential.
Local Austin clients include:
- The Settlement Home
- Travis County Juvenile Department
- Caritas Austin
For further inquiry contact me at 512.524.0687 or email@example.com.
what people are saying.
- “Excellent class!” - University of Texas, Informal Class Student
- “An amazing process.” -UT Informal Class Student
- “Changed me. Will use this approach in other aspects of my life.” – Laura Wells
- “Very eye-opening experience“- Student
- “I felt Like I grew a lot in this class and learned things about myself that I will use in the future.” – Suzanne Davey
- “Fascinating concept.” - UT Informal Class Student
- “I loved the class – I faced my fears and it was such an enriching experience.” - UT Informal Class Student
- “This was a really phenomenal experience and I recommend this class for everyone and anyone.” – Sara Hauschildt
- “Best class ever!” – UT Informal Class Student
- “I took the class to break through my creative block, Success!” - Marlene Eskin
- “I highly recommend this.” – Rob Hoffman
- “Keeps opening new horizons.” - David Jewell
- “I really enjoy my time in the studio, especially the creative atmosphere. I look forward to watching the studio grow and expand.” -Macy Ramirez
- “Thank you for all the support and guidance. My experiences have been invaluable!”-Megan Ackers, Artist
- “I wanted to thank you for a fabulous weekend of painting and inspiration. You create a beautiful expansive space from which to go within.”-Lisa Mersky, Therapist
- “Thank you for opening my mind, heart and eyes to the soul within.”-Audra Huston, LSW, Therapist
- “Great class – your potential is only limited by your imagination.” - Deb Robinson
- “It was a fabulous class – I didn’t want it to end!”- Vicki Packheiser
- “Fabulous, intense, playful…..felt held by you and the group. I enjoyed all the time to explore the process!” -Lisa Mersky
“Wonderful – as always. It never ceases to amaze me the power of setting an intention, releasing it and witnessing with gratitude, its manifestation. This retreat nurtures this process through painting and self-awareness. The energy of the group is an important aspect for me– witnessing and being witnessed with love somehow inspires me to surrender to my wholeness and swim in it. Knowing what that feels like helps me to walk in my wholeness outside of the painting lab. For me, being able to fully immerse myself in the painting process without any distractions for long periods of time is a a gift. The joy of pushing through a block or having an epiphany through the creative process is beyond words– and witnessing others in that process is a great teacher.
I especially gained a lot from the sharing, insights and feelings of my fellow painters through non-judgmental feedback. There feelings sometimes act as triggers for my own revelations.
From a very young age, my Mother has always told me that as long as long as I had a sketch pad and some drawing materials, I would be happy. When asked what I wanted to do when I left school in the seventh grade, I replied, “I want to go to Art School”. After four years at Art School, majoring in painting I felt I had lost my creative innocence-that intrinsic connection we all have to creative life force. I shut down, overwhelmed with the critic, and didn’t fully commit to painting again for eight years until I found the Painting Process through Fire Tree Studios. It was in this studio that I began to reconnect with my creative spirit and my inner child, trusting in my process and begin my journey back to wholeness. The gratitude I feel is immense.” - Bec Knaggs, Artist & Teacher
- “Thank you for exposing me to this form of expression and self-exploration as well as your support and encouragement. I truly enjoyed the class and will be back. Totally inspirational!”- Chelsea Hover, Yoga Instructor
- “This class helped me in more ways than expected.“- UT Informal Class Student
- “I jumped in these classes because it stated ‘no talent necessary’. Surprisingly, my participation has opened me up in ways outside the studio. I’ve begun to trust my intuition and become more expressive–I’ve even started writing some crazy wisdom poetry.”- Charles Beard PhD., Engineer & Hospice Volunteer
- “This class exceeded my expectations!” - UT Informal Class Student
- “Class was very helpful with getting me in touch with my creativity that hadn’t used in years.” – UT Informal Class Student
- “My experience in Melissa’s painting class gives me time to think about the connection between my heart and the paint brush. The few hours of quiet space allow me time to relax, breathe, paint without criticism, and just see what flows. It’s therapeutic, very relaxing and lots of fun! Melissa is there for coaching, but the unstructured environment she creates really allows you to be free with your creativity.”- Jamie Bernard, Real Estate Agent
- “I saw the title Intuitive Painting in the Informal Classes catalog and it looked like something I wanted to experience. The first class, painting in silence with about 20 other people, was the most fun I’d had in a long time. I felt free there. I had paper, paint and a brush, and could just go. Whatever I felt like doing. Just go. I had been estranged from my intuition for some time before that class….but, after painting, I went back to the studio and took another class, and another, and felt that voice, that instinct, that feeling when you know in your body which way to go and what to do and what you mean, coming back. It’s quite amazing really. So simple. It’s a practice. Like anything. Like exercise. Like listening. A meditation.”- David Jewell, Photographer, Writer, Painter & Performance Artist
“As soon as I put the first paint on the first piece of paper— I became clear that I was going to paint all the way to the edges. Meaning the edges of the page, not worrying myself with getting it on the wall or putting the brakes on. I used only 2 colors and then had the idea that I would start a second painting — this time with those same two colors and the addition of a third. On checking in with Melissa and telling her of my thoughts she responded ‘Ohhhhh, so you’re making a plan. Why don’t you just use another color now? What are you waiting for?’ and that ‘What are you waiting for’ broke something open for me. Lots of colors came in and the next day at work I realized I felt more grounded and confident in myself. It was the start. From there things have just continued to grow — in my own freedom, confidence and integration — and I love how the painting process continues to unfold. And once in a while I remember to ask myself — “What am I waiting for?” – Donna Martin, Executive, Dancer & Alexander Technique Facilitator
- “Working with Melissa in her Fire Tree Studios allowed me to be present in the moment with my creativity without judgment. The process – whatever you want it to be – gives you the opportunity to engage your creative mind. I quickly entered a powerful meditative state, and regardless of the results of my painting I was inspired by my freedom attained during the class. Working with others at the same time, who are experiencing various levels of their own creative intuition, magnifies and enhances the process. I will endeavor to allow myself this creative time more often.”- Loren Kirkpatrick, Entrepreneurial Strategist and Commercial Real Estate Broker
- “Melissa has created a such a safe, inspiring place to reconnect with our creativity. At first I felt a bit intimidated by the presence of other painters, but after only a short while, I got lost in my own painting and completely surrendered to the process. By the end of class, I felt centered, rejuvenated, and creatively curious. I felt like I could paint anything. It was wonderful.”- Kate McNallie, Teacher, Yogini & Mother
- “The painting class has taught me that being creative is a choice is between love and fear. Love and express yourself freely and the painting comes alive in colors and shapes that satisfy the depth of your soul; fear is inauthentic there is nothing to fear, so just let go.”- Terry East, Entrepreneurial Consultant & self-proclaimed ‘recovering Investment Banker’
- “I am writing to thank you for helping me to have a nice time during self discovery. I realize that I am not in a tough place at this point in my life, so there was no pain but I wasn’t seeing clearly. Decisions are usually extremely easy for me to make quickly. I have been through some changes and I know now, that they left me a little dazed. I was lucky enough to discover Fire Tree Studios, your clear energy spot, during the time that I needed to replace my car. I loved my car and though I spent a lot of time and soul searching about getting one just like it, I knew that was not the direction I needed. At least I figured that out. The flow of the paint, the quiet collective vibe and the creative disconnection from daily life, helped me in so many ways. I ended up with a used car and unlike the last one, I don’t expect to keep it forever. I got a 2-door even though I had a wall because of an occasional need for a family car. When I signed the papers, dealt with the car dealer, and drove away with the car, I had no whiplash. My focus happened, despite the numerous choices.I could still be out there searching Edmunds.com, Ebay motors, Traders, and the lots, flopping back and forth until I was exhausted. What a great way get into the flow! Am so glad to have your welcoming space on my list of survival tricks.”- Belinda Field, Consultant
- “The workshop, as must have been clear to you, was a deep experience for me, and a true journey. I worked through some deeply important things in the process of living through that painting as it evolved. It was, in a sense, a narrative painting, developing as I painted over and over what was I;d painted, into the next territory, the next moment, the next place for me to go, the next page in the story. I left with an abiding presence on that painting, within me, in a way that no one can take away. And the painting was, among other things, and most significantly, the pure love. Which had gotten lost in all the loss and rubble. And which I have now recovered and reclaimed. So, thank you for creative that space, the opening, the support, the vibration, the welcoming, the acceptance, the guidance, the respect, and the sacred regard for the process, that allowed me to go through that journey. I have told everyone that my workshop with you was fabulous. I have asked several friends to consider taking one with me in the future. I’m sure you’ll be seeing me again.:) Bless you, Melissa, and your heart, your full and courageous expression of your true self and your dreams, your example to others, your healing presence, and beautiful smile.”- Genève Gil, Singer/Musician
- “I was in your fall creative intuition class and wanted to send you a thank you for your talent and interest in helping each one of us in class. I do think the class was perfect timing for me. The best analogy that comes to mind is being a sealed tin can of whatever makes us who we are. It takes something to open the can – either pressure, a knife/opener or rust over time. And I think my lid was open but needed to be lifted to let some of me out and more air in. I am sure everyone in the class now has a different viewpoint about going beyond comfort zones and seeing life in a more expansive way. Many thanks. PBS had a report about a few weeks ago and thought about sharing it with you as it sparked a note having been in your class. Anderson was an American composer who wrote “Sleigh Bells” and “ ” which I remember being played back in the 60′s as the theme song for an evening news show. This particular story caught my attention as he lived near me in Connecticut while I was growing up. And, being in the glee club in high shool, we were privileged to have him come direct our group for a Christmas performance. Mr. Anderson was of Swedish heritage, looked very regimented in his lifestyle but was a very kind and gentle person according to co-workers and family. One of his sons was talking about his father’s creative process and said that he always needed quiet and to be left alone (think there were four kids in the house – how quiet is that!!). However, instead of sitting at the piano, where you expect a composer to work, Mr. Anderson would walk – usually in the woods or someplace serene to think up the compositions and arrangements. He didn’t sit at the piano because he was afraid that his fingers would fall into patterns of previously learned and/or created chords! His creativity came from a meditative state and absorbing some of the natural sounds around him. Besides the sleigh bell song and the syncopated clock he also had a big band song that was popular in the 50′s and so his compositions seemed to expand into very different types of music. It was really one of those lightbulb moments to hear the son describe his father’s process. Maybe now I’ll be more in tune (pardon the pun) to appreciate any artist’s perception and process. In every avenue of life, I hope to be receptive to drawing outside of the lines, mixing stripes and plaids and using colors that have seldom been on my palate. What a great class!”
- Deb Robinson, Massage Therapist