I just finished facilitating a session for RISE Austin 2010 a summit for entrepreneurs and I am fired up! We had a full house/studio and a lively discussion on the intersect between creativity and business and I am blazing with creative mojo!
AND I just realized that this will be the last event held at the location at my house. <How appropriate was the title for the final class at this location? Create or Die: The Art of Entrepreneurship. How to Leverage your Creativity to Fuel your Expanding Business…?!!!>
Fire Tree Studios is ready to launch!
The session was such a success and I was so inspired by people and their stories and their passion that I felt compelled to share the framework for our discussion…Enjoy!
We are all innately creative.
- Creativity is our birthright
- The Myth of Creative Genius. Fantastic blog on this by Tobias Tinker of Lateral Action–my newest obsession. Amazing resource. Love their moto: creativity + productivity = success. (maybe because it jives so well with the gusto the Fire Tree Method…)
FEED YOUR SELF with a regular diet of pure creative expression: drawing, painting, writing, singing, movement/dance, drama, photography, music, sculpture, etc.
- Creativity is our Source of Passion, Life Force, Power and Potential
- Our relationship with our business is a direct reflection of our relationship to our self …and our Creativity/Life Force/Power/Passion
- Make your creative life a priority of self-care. It is just as important as book-keeping.
- Mix it up! Intermodal Creativity—> cross pollinates.
- Experiment & Take risks
- Play & Have FUN!!!!
“Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold.”
– Joseph Chilton Pearce
Embrace the Paradox: Centered Chaos.
- Quiet Mind: Creativity flourishes in a calm, relaxed, mind. Meditation practice, focusing, observing our thoughts.
Creativity & Expansion requires taming the voice of resistance….the inner critic. …or what Seth Godin calls, ‘The Lizard Brain’ in his latest book, Linchpin. Michele Cassou calls it The Dragon of fear in her book, Point Zero: Creativity without Limits.
- The inner critic’s job is to sabotage your creative potential
- Trust yourself. I love my friend Hugh Macleods book on taking the creative leap, Ingore Everybody. And 39 Other Keys to Creativity.
Leverage ‘mistakes’ as the center of the creative vortex and an opportunity to change direction and discover endless possibility.
“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.”
- Joseph Chilton Pearce
Entrepreneurship is an Art. Your business is an active creative process that is ALIVE.
Dialogue with your business. What does it have to tell you? What do you want to tell it?
Integrating the Right and Left Brain for an experience of full brain power and wholeness
- Creativity + Structure = Freedom
- The birth of The Fire Tree Method™: the creative vortex, where spirit and form collide. Structure acts as a catalyst to bounce off of— a corral for creativity to interact, experience, dance, play and discover and actualize.
- Co-Creation & Visioning
- Focused Intentions
- Inspired Action for Manifestation