I want to offer what I can to be of service during these volatile times of transformation and external upheaval. If you think you are helpless and there is nothing you can do you are disillusioned.
We are counting on you.
While there is a lot of emotional energy being expressed in the world right now, catalyzed by the recent election here in the US, I want to write to those in despair, apathy and rage to see the light within the global uprising and world stage.
Trump and Clinton are mirrors.
They are mirrors for the light and the dark for which we see (or don’t see ) in ourselves as individuals and also as a collective as the US. I mean, we just nominated a ‘megalomanic Reality TV start who loves to play to tyrant on TV to the White House! If that isn’t the collective US shadow expressing itself in full color I don’t know what else is.
Whatever your strong reaction is, will lead you to the areas within yourself that need more compassion.
Where have you been self absorbed? Where have you been watching too much TV rather than being the star of your own life? Where in your life have you been tyrannical? Where have you not taking control of your own life? Get my drift?
Shadow work as we have been talking about in The Empowered Creative Master Class, is the work of bringing the unconscious, conscious.
So whatever triggers you about another candidate is something you do not own within yourself. And that may mean growing into a certain aspect a bit more within yourself too. your full expression of wholeness needs it. Your next evolution of growth needs it. We need it.
If you think Hillary is a liar then you need to look at your own patterning of lying and not telling the truth to yourself or others. If you think Trump is a mysogynist where have you shamed women (even if you are a woman) or men for being in her power? Are you owning your own power? Where are you giving it away?
If you are appalled by Trump’s perceived reckless uninhibited self expression, how can you you be a little less contained and speak more of your mind without caring what other people think of you?
These leaders bring lessons of the highest order. And we need them.
See where I am going with this? You with me?
<I giggle as I type this as Sophia is at my feet, kicking my laptop – certainly in her power in getting my attention!>
The real opportunity here if you find yourself in despair, depression, fear, anger frustration is to feel all of your feelings. Do not deny them. Give them a voice. Write, paint, dance them out, tell a trusted friend, by all means let that energy flow and be sure that it flows to action. when we honor our feelings we honor ourselves, each other and the world. IF you stay stuck in the emotion place (sadness, grief, despair) then you are attaching to your emotion from a place of identity ( I am sad, vs. I am feeling sad) and you may need outside help to shift that energy so it to alchemize it rather than keeping you stuck. Ask for help.
Trump and Clinton are catalyst an all your unresolved personal and collective trauma is coming to the surface through this spectacular GLOBAL event. Have compassion first and foremost for whatever comes up for you and then bring your attention to your inner reality.
Here are some tips to support you in taking this seemingly challenging event, reclaiming your power and creating the opportunity to thrive beyond our social programming:
15 Keys for reclaiming your personal power from your TV and rocking your freedom in your life and business:
- Feel all of your feelings, express them, receive the gift they are bringing and let them go.
- Detach from the drama without judgment. This can be hard. We as a culture are addicted to drama and suffering. It sells. It stimulates. It is a great distraction from our SOUL. Ask for support. Find compassion. Peace starts with each and every one of us. Be the Change.
- Break the trauma/drama cycle. You do not have to suffer when others are surfing, have compassion, yes. And keep your vibration high. Stay out of creating more suffering for yourself and others. Focus on the light in yourself and every situation.
- Refrain from tolerating abuse of any kind by honoring your boundaries and disengaging with people who are coming from fear rather than love. You know what love feels like. You can feel where a person is coming from. Listen to your gut. Don’t know what your boundaries are? Book a session with me and I can support you in discovering them.
- Keep your vibe high, focus on your joy. Find your passion. Do it. Do what makes you happy, this is what the world needs more of. It is contagious. Your happiness is infectious and lifts up everyone around you.Happiness from the inside out. It starts with you. If you don’t know where to find this, invest in support to discover what this is for you. Take a class. Pick up a brush. Go for a walk.
- Keep it light. Find the humor, find time for pleasure, joy and fun!
- Stop complaining and start creating. If you don’t like something fix it. If you can’t fix it, create something new. Its your duty to create as a creative being on this planet. Here is a great way to paint with me in Austin next month and discover your true passion, purpose and awaken your creative power to create your life from the inside out.
- Focus on solutions. Look for your highest purpose. Are you upset with the current government? Get involved. Activate your right to freedom by taking action toward what you want to see happen. Stop fighting and protesting and start creating your vision of what’s possible. It starts with you. Plus action is a wonderful anecdote to depression or feeling helpless. Take a small step in your own life that is easy and start creating momentum in this direction.
- Unplug from the Media. Notice when you feel depressed or drained. Start honoring your own psychic boundaries and …with the media and other people. Be responsible for the energy you bring in to a space. (including Facebook) You are responsible for your e-motions, energy-in-motion.
- Focus on what you CAN control. You have control over one thing, and that is YOU! And you are a POWERFUL creator full of life force energy and wisdom just waiting to be tapped into. Your happiness. Your choices. Your perspective is up to YOU. You can not control other people.
- Govern your own mind. Stay in your power and BE the authority in your own life. Take your power back from thinking anyone is going to rescue you. Like the government (funny how the word government breaks down to govern+mental) Let go of giving control of your thoughts to the president, your religion, your job, your boss, your car, the neighborhood where you live or whatever. No one is coming to save you. Be the savior in your own life by starting to create change from the inside out.
- Remember God is in everything and ask for Divine Guidance daily. Pray. Intend to be the highest expression of yourself. Ask. Listen. Act = Align! Let this be your guide. Your heart, your intuition, higher self, Source, Universe. Allah. Ja. Jesus. Christ. Mary. Buddha Self. Goddess. Whatever your pleasure. However you relate to this Supreme Knowing. You can also look to trusted sources for inspiration and guidance and if it resonates fantastic. Take responsibility for curating your own inner wisdom and relationship with all that is.
- Get Focused. Discover your Soul’s blueprint within your own heart and live it! What are you here to contribute in this lifetime? Where do you find meaning in your life? When you start living your unique path with purpose, your life takes on a whole new level of love, clarity, confidence and fulfillment. The world needs you!
- Choose to evolve beyond the blame, shame, guilt, game. Its a vicious cycle of fear and hate. We can get stuck in if we are unaware of how we too, are participating. Stop playing the game. A bully needs attention and stage. The smartest way to fight it is by taking your attention away from this type of behavior.
- Stop bullying yourself. You think Trump is a bully, what about the bully within you? You think he is affecting the right for you to choose? You know who has more power over you than anything externally is your internal bully. That’s right. Your inner critic. Its sabotages your intuition and keeps you small, afraid and from growing into the greatest version of yourself. The bully that keeps you from doing what you know in your heart is right for you.
So there you have it. I trust these 15 keys for taking your power back and rocking your freedom in your life and business will serve you.
To creating a new free world with you,